Top 10 Best Portable Espresso Makers for 2020
The Barsetto Tripresso is perfect if you have little time and space. This attractively processed device quickly pumps your hot drink directly into a leak-proof cup. Unlike most others, it sits comfortably upright on a flat base.
- Comes in black or white
- Not compatible with all pod brands
- Isn’t incredibly durable
The Litchi Double-Shot is one of the lightest and most compact handheld models as well as one of the cheapest. A silicone handle provides traction and keeps the hot water isolated while pushing out up to 50 milliliters.
- Stashes easily in purse or briefcase
- Made with bpa-free plastic
- Thorough cleaning can be a pain
Flair Manual Press
The simple but effective Flair hand press uses a lever and piston design that delivers a great shot when mastered. It does not require electricity to operate and has few parts to break. It is easy to disassemble for cleaning purposes.
- Extremely long-lasting construction
- Comes in a neat carrying case
- Requires a solid and flat surface
The Staresso All-in-One is a flat option that not only offers espresso on the go, but is also equipped with a pressure filter that is perfect for frothing milk or for cold brewing a drink if you prefer something less acidic.
- Easy to disassemble for cleaning
- Reliable maintenance-free design
- Doesn’t work with nespresso or kcups
The Handpresso Auto is a one-piece solution for sleepy mornings on the street. It is one of the few models that heats, pressurizes and releases your drink in an optimized process, which enables a simple and consistent process.
- Plugs into a cigarette lighter
- Extremely easy to use
- Costs quite a bit
Wacaco Minipresso GR
The Wacaco Minipresso GR is one of the most popular models and, thanks to its ultra-light design, ideal for campers in the hinterland. There is also an expansion water tank that has enough capacity to brew a cup for every member of your hiking party.
- Standard tank makes 50 ml
- Over 100 psi internal pressure
- Works best when preheated
Bialetti Moka Express
The Bialetti Moka Express is a traditional way to prepare your drinks when you’re not at home. Any external heat source that fits under the storage container boils the water and automatically pushes it through the mashed, finely ground coffee.
- Less work than handheld models
- Replacement gaskets and filters
- Don’t let flames touch sides
Handpresso Wild Hybrid
The Handpresso Wild Hybrid stands out from the crowd due to its durability and constant production. An aluminum housing and a robust, long-life pump offer over 200 PSI for delicious crema, even when you’re on the go.
- Surprisingly close to cafe quality
- Claims a maximum pressure of 16 bar
- Works great with ese pods
Staresso Third Generation
A reliable pressure control valve helps the Staresso Third Generation to produce two shots of rich, caffeine-rich Java at the same time. It is made of durable polypropylene and stainless steel and should hold a few cups.
- Creates thick crema
- Also makes a decent cold brew
- Backed by a two-year warranty
The improved Wacaco Nanopresso is a small but powerful model that delivers a whopping 260 PSI with enough elbow grease. The capacity of 80 ml is slightly larger than that of most hand-operated devices. This special version comes with a practical zipped carrying case.
- Ese-pod-ready with optional adapter
- Yields an impressive amount of crema
- Perfect for ultralight backpacking